Sublime Forum

Showing Find Result as a List with Context at Character Level

Hello everyone,

This is my first posting here. I am glad that there is an active community helping each other for sublime text, which is my favorite text editor.

Here is my question.

What I want to achieve is

1. find all the occurrences of a string in a specific file(or current buffer)
  2. and show the occurrences(not the whole line that contains the occurrence) as a list in a separate pane
  3. and each line of the result comes with the context of neighboring characters(not neighboring lines) of each occurence
  4. and each line in the result is clickable so that I can jump to the place

The reason I want this is I have a big text file with each line being quite long like a couple of thousands of characters and the current Find in Files with “Current File” limit shows lines, which makes the result almost useless.

Of course I can Find All with a regex such as “.{0,20}needle.{0,20}” and copy and paste the result into a new file, but then I cannot click and jump to the place from the result.

I have searched for any plugin that provides this feature but failed. Any suggestions?

One idea I tried was installing https://packagecontrol.io/packages/CopyWithLineNumbersReloaded and copy the Find All result with line numbers into a new text file, but I can’t click and jump from the result.

June

0 Likes