Sublime Forum

Show HTML errors in SublimeText or SublimeLinter?

I understand that Sublime doesn’t show errors in my code, but I can install SublimeLinter to do this.

However the SublimeLinter website doesn’t mention checking HTML code. So my question is does SublimeText or SublimeLinter check HTML?

For example?

<h1>Some text<h1>
<igm src="...">
<titles>Some text</titles>
0 Likes

Indeed Sublime itself doesn’t do any sort of error checking at all, except minimally in the form of syntax highlighting showing you something is structurally broken somehow (for example you might detect that a tag is not closed because everything is the wrong color).

SublimeLinter itself also doesn’t do any sort of error checking either, it’s just a framework that error checking plugins can use to display their results. Essentially it just does all of the heavy lifting and work of interfacing with Sublime so that external tools can concentrate on error checking.

There appears to be a few HTML linters available for SublimeLinter on Package Control, including some HTML tidiers.

0 Likes

Thank you.

I can confirm that SublimeLinter does have plugins to check HTML (despite not mentioning this on their website)

0 Likes

Or you can use LSP

0 Likes