Sublime Forum

Shortcuts to create, rename delete, move or copy files or folders on sidebar?

I dont like using my mouse when programming, but the only instance where i am forced to doing it is to right click the context menu on the sidebar when is selected to create a new file or folder in the current directory. Same goes for other basic operations like cut or copy.

So im wondering if there is a way to assign shortcuts to those operations to get rid of the context menu all together. I cant believe nobody has come up with this, unless there is a way i dont know. Which is why id like to ask for your help.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

indeed the sidebar context menu ignores Shift+F10 and the dedicated context menu key, this has been logged as a bug here:

of course, just take a look at Packages/Default/Side Bar.sublime-menu using https://packagecontrol.io/packages/PackageResourceViewer to see the commands that are used in the sidebar context menu by default… although finding out which file is highlighted in the sidebar might be a stumbling block… it’s normally handled by ST when it executes commands from the side bar context menu - maybe it will do the same for WindowCommands run when the sidebar has the focus, and fill in the dirs/files arrays for you, not sure…

0 Likes

I use the AdvancedNewFile package for my file creating and copying needs. It has quite a few settings to tune it to your liking and I almost never use the context menu in the sidebar.

1 Like

I know about that one, but like i said i need to be able to not just create new files. But copy them, move them, delete folders, create folders, reveal them in finder and many other operations that i dont want to use my mouse for.

0 Likes

will check on the sidebar package and see if i can hack my way arround. Thank you. Ill reply later with updates.

0 Likes

just checked, and assigning a shortcut like this:

{ "keys": ["super+r"], "command": "rename_path", "args": {"paths": []} },

didnt help.

neither did this:

{ "keys": ["super+r"], "command": "rename_path" },

this could honestly be a deal breaker for me, as i just hate using my mouse, i know this is the sublime text forum, but does anyone know about another software which can be configured in this way?

0 Likes

Plugin SideBarEnhancements
https://packagecontrol.io/packages/SideBarEnhancements
:blush: New file/folder, edit, open/run, reveal, find in selected/parent/project, cut, copy, paste, paste in parent, rename, move, delete, refresh

0 Likes