Sublime Forum

Sftp plugin fails to upload/download/sync subfolders/subdirectories

Hi, I use sublime text and its sftp plugin to sync projects between servers and laptops, and I am a paid registered user for both softwares.
Recently, I find my sftp plugin does not work as usual. Specifically, when I try to sync my local project to the remote destination in the server, it only uploads the source files but fails to upload the subdirectories/subfolders to the server, i.e., all source files are placed under the root directory (see below figures for a comparison).
I just came across this issue in these two days, does anyone know how to fix this issue? My local servers are all ubuntu 20.04 and my local laptop is the Mac OS 13.0 Ventura (I also tried to sync from a windows laptop, unlike Mac OS, it keeps all the subdirectories) .
Many thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Sublime works in mac ventura?

Hi,
maybe open a support request at https://codexns.io/account/requests

0 Likes

Hello I’m currently having the EXACT same issue after updating this past weekend to MacOS Ventura.

0 Likes

OMG :frowning:
Is it Ventura’s influence? I also have the same problem.
I hope sftp will be updated soon.

0 Likes

I confirm, I have the same issue after upgrading to Ventura. I hope it gets resolved soon!

0 Likes

Anyone solved this?

0 Likes

Not yet, have no idea what to do.
BTW, do you use Ventura?

0 Likes

Yes, I using Ventura OS!

0 Likes

st4126 working fine other than sftp?

0 Likes

Still not working… st4142
It’s not a sublime issue.
It’s a problem with SFTP plugin.
I think It is precisely a matter of the Python source being used by plug-in. (file_transfer.pyc … etc…)
It seems to be a conflict with Ventura OS’s python.
SFTP plugin needs to be fixed.

0 Likes

and about these?

0 Likes

I got a reply from Codex that an new release in the next week coming soon about it.

3 Likes

I’ve been working on a fix for macOS Ventura and Linux distros that use OpenSSH 9+.

3 Likes

how long does it take?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

0 Likes

Well, the complicating factor is that this plugin has had maintenance updates for over 11 years without charging, and the maintenance continues, so I’m prepping v2.

Lots of year end stuff happening, but I am still working on getting it published soon.

1 Like

Hallo,
any news about the fix?

0 Likes

They said fix it soon, but no news.

0 Likes

Too bad it is still not resolved. Two months have already gone.

0 Likes

Version 2.0 of the SFTP package has been released with support for OpenSSH 9 and macOS 13.

Package Control has it, and you should get an automatic update.

License holders of v1 will need to upgrade if they purchased a license before ST4 came out. More details at https://codexns.io/products/sftp_for_sublime/upgrade.

1 Like