Sublime Forum

Sessions

I would like the ability to save all open files as a session. A lot of times I will have 5-10 open files and suddenly I will have to switch contexts. This usually means closing all tabs and opening a new set of files. It would be nice to save my current open tabs so that I can come back to them at a later time.

The ability to view all my sessions in a popup (ie like cmd-p) or to be able to cycle through my available sessions would be great.

0 Likes

Projects in ST2 are so unwieldy though. I much prefer ST1 projects because it was basically a pointer to a directory that goto-anything used with some exclusions; very powerful and very portable. ST2 is going down the Eclipse path, which is baaaaad.

If I have to create another project in ST2 just to save the current tabs that are open, its not worth the time. Something like cmd-opt-s;[enter name];enter; then cmd-opt-r to view the list of saved sessions would be useful, with the added benefit of being able to avoid the project structure. (i just made up those commands, im not sure if theyre already in use)

0 Likes