Sublime Forum

Send code to R suddenly not working

Yesterday I could send code from Sublime Text to an R console by hitting cmd-return on my Mac. Today, cmd-return doesn’t seem to do anything. Unfortunately, I have no idea what might have changed to cause this. My source file is still using the R extended grammar and I don’t know what else to check.

0 Likes

Can not send R code from .R or .Rmd file to console

Hi Gregory,

I am assuming that you are using R-Box, R-Box has a major refactoring and the “sending code” feature is exported to SendText+. Are you using “Package Control” to manager your packages and did you receive a dialogue asking you to install “SendText+”?

Try to use the command “SendText+: Choose Program” to change the active program where the code is sent to.

1 Like

Thanks, Randy. That did it.

0 Likes

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I have installed SendText long time back. In Package Control I don’t see a SendText+ package. I was able o send text to R console few days back, now its not working. Can someone please help me?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

SendTextPlus has been deprecated in favor of SendCode.

0 Likes

Hello,

I have the same Problem now with SendCode in SublimeText3: I cannot manage to use R.

Problem:
I managed to install R-Box, R-snippets, SendCode and SublimeREPL.
I opened R Console in Sublime with SublimeREPL (Tools->SublimeREPL->R) .
On another sheet I set the syntax to R (Cmd+Shift+P -> Set Syntax: R extended)
Then I Choose in SendCode SublimeREPL (Cmd+Shift+P -> SendCode: Choose program -> SublimeREPL)

Now I want to type code and run a line by Cmd+Enter, and see the output in the SublimeREPL - window, where R console is opened. It does not work. I cannot figure out what’s wrong.

If you have time, it would be so nice if you could post an updated version in the Style of https://www.r-bloggers.com/sublime-text-3-an-alternative-to-rstudio/ how to use R in Sublime from the beginning to the end.

Thanks a lot

Best

Philipp

0 Likes