Sublime Forum

Select all search results?

This might end up being a feature request, but it seems like such a basic and obvious feature that I feel I must be missing something.

Is there a way to select all search results? Kind of similar to highlight a word and hitting ctrl+d, except, y’know, with searching you have a bit more power. It would be handy for me to be able to select all results in a selection that match a certain regular expression, for example, which is something ctrl+d doesn’t enable.

0 Likes

Clicking “Find All” does this.

2 Likes

Well, hell. Don’t I feel silly.

Thanks!

0 Likes

You’re awesome

0 Likes

What about select or skip next search results? ‘Find all’ is many times not suitable to me, but thanks for pointing it out.

I’ve found something. This would me almost like ctrl+d with a word selected, because it starts selecting next items alike the current selection (see https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/multiple_selection_with_the_keyboard.html). The only not addressed scenario I see here is that with ctrl+d you can’t skip the next item alike to your selection, and you are forced to select all n next or all found items.

0 Likes

When you use ctrl + d to find & highlight the next word, you can use ctrl + k, ctrl + d to skip the current find and hop over to the next one.

0 Likes