Sublime Forum

Scrolling stutter on Windows

Hello,

I have a new laptop with a trackpad, and scrolling with the trackpad in Sublime is very jerky and unusable. It will randomly pause for up to a second, essentially meaning whenever I scroll I am scrolling to a random location in my documents. The trackpad works as expected in all other programs. I looked for scroll-related settings, and I have set scroll-speed to 0 in my user settings which did nothing.

This is an Acer Helios 300 laptop running windows 10.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

just to confirm, does plugging a mouse in and using the scroll wheel perform normally?
how about using the arrow keys or page up / page down?
or clicking and holding in the minimap viewport and then moving the mouse up/down?

0 Likes

sorry for the later reply. Yes, scrolling functions as expected with a mouse, arrow keys, page up, page down, minimap. I have created a video showing the problem:

As mentioned this issue only occurs in sublime on my trackpad.

0 Likes

Time to answer my own question! It turns out that this problem was caused by Duet Display. This wireless display software was actually crashing my second gpu upon the latest windows update, but was the source of problems before then. After a few hours of troubleshooting I uninstalled it to find that not only was it causing that problem, it was also causing my scrolling issue! Garbage!

0 Likes