Sublime Forum

Scrolling past end of page in Linux/Mac

I use Sublime Text 3 on my both my Linux box and my Mac. A feature that I like on the Linux version is that I can scroll past the last line, thus placing the last line (visually) in the middle of the screen. This is convenient, because editing lines that are always at the bottom of the screen is a little tiring during long sessions.
Unfortunately, this feature doesn’t seem to exist on the Mac version. I was wondering if anyone knew why not, and how to possibly enable it.

0 Likes

From the default Preferences.sublime-settings:

// Set to false to disable scrolling past the end of the buffer. // On OS X, this value is overridden in the platform specific settings, so // you'll need to place this line in your user settings to override it. "scroll_past_end": true,

0 Likes

Is there a way to set the maximum number of lines it will scroll past? For example I want the last line to remain roughly at the middle of the editor window. Thanks!

0 Likes

No.

But you can try a package like Typewriter.

1 Like

(5 years later but adding comment so people know that yes - you can specify how much) yes, set it to a float value of 0.0 (same as “false”) to 1.0, where this represents the amount of screen space to allow following the end. 1.0 would be one full screen. 0.5 would be the middle

1 Like