Sublime Forum

Save Location: Open Windows and Open Files

One of my most beloved features of Sublime Text is its ability to remember all your open files and open windows (provided you do a File -> Exit to quit Sublime Text, of course).

This feature is so nice, in fact, I would love to know how to back up all my currently open windows and files. Where does Sublime Text save this information (both Windows and Mac would be nice as I run both).

The saving of ‘untitled’ documents is particularly intriguing.

Thanks for any insights!

0 Likes

If you’re using sublime-project files, then the state of the window that contains that particular project when it’s opened it stored in a sublime-workspace file of the same name and in the same location as the project.

It’s also possible to to Project > Save Workspace As... from a window that doesn’t have a project to store the state of items in that particular window, in which case the information would be stored in the sublime-workspace that you create.

For everything else, the information is stored in Session.sublime_session, which is in the Local directory of the configuration area. You can use Preferences: Browse Packages to open the packages folder and then go up a level to see the Local folder.

1 Like

That’s great to hear and know. I tested one and it all came back up, “untitled” document included. Thanks @OdatNurd !!

1 Like