Sublime Forum

"Save as" doesn't use the file's position on Linux

I’ve migrated from MacOS to Linux. I was using Sublime Text 3 on MacOS, and I’m still using it on Linux and I’ve noticed the following:

On MacOS, when I was opening a file, and saving a copy by doing CMD + SHIFT + S, the save dialog was pointing to the file’s position.
On Linux, when I open a file, and save a copy by doing CTRL + SHIFT + S, the save dialog is pointing to the previous position.

This is an issue because I’m working on many projects and it happened many times to save the file to the wrong place (wrong project, or wrong project’s folder).

The dialog should be opened on the current file’s path.

0 Likes

"Save"/"Save as" dialog always opens on home folder

I can’t reproduce the behaviour you’re seeing. The save-as dialog always opens to the file’s current path for me. Could you provide more details steps to reproduce this issue, along with which ST version you’re using and what version/distribution of linux?

0 Likes

Thank you for your message.

which ST version you’re using

Version 3.2.2, Build 3211

what version/distribution of linux

Elementary OS 5.1 Hera.

Could you provide more details steps to reproduce this issue

1. Open ST in a project and save a file.
  2. Now open another project (so that you’re sure to be in a complete different path) and try to save a copy of a file

The save-as window shows the path in the project from point 1.

0 Likes

I made a screencast of the bug: https://youtu.be/i8r3RgcHEPk

0 Likes

I can’t reproduce this, same version of ST on ubuntu 14.04. My only guess is it’s a gtk bug/change causing this.

0 Likes

Okay, I should then search in Elementary OS issues. Thank you for your time!

0 Likes

I think I found an open issue describing it.

2 Likes