Sublime Forum

"Save as" does not work

Hello,
Why is the “save as” not working? When I am creating a new file, and I want to save it as an HTML file for example, the “save as” form allow me to select an “.html” extension. But when clicking “save” (from the Save As"window), the file is save without any extension. Why is the selected type of file not taken into account?
Many thanks for your help.

The file is save without extension, even if it was specified.
Many thanks for your answer. The extension of the file should has not to be specified in the “File Name” field if we are using the “save as” function. Other programs within Windows are not working that way.

0 Likes

if I understand right, you create a new file in ST, with Plain Text syntax highlighting, then use File -> Save As, and change the “Save as type” as shown in your screenshot, and expect that it would append the first extension from that list to the “File name” you specify?

I’ve just tested with MS Paint, and I can see that when you select a different file type, it updates the extension shown in the “File name”, like Untitled.png becomes Untitled.bmp for example. Manually renaming to Untitled.example and then changing file type makes it become Untitled.example.jpg. So it looks like ST doesn’t have that behavior at the moment, and just always keeps the exact file name you specify.

0 Likes