Sublime Forum

"save all" no longer actually saves all

I use sublime text daily to make notes about the work I’m doing. This results in me having dozens of markdown files open daily, previously at the end of each day I would hit save all and would be prompted to save each open file in turn.

Now, when I click save all, it only saves one file, and each concurrent time I hit save all it saves another one until they are all saved. Please revert to the old behavior!

0 Likes

I can’t replicate that here; File > Save All works the same as it always has. What build of Sublime are you running? If it’s Sublime Text 4, does the same thing happen in Safe Mode?

0 Likes

the about panel says I’m running Stable Channel, Build 4107.

0 Likes

the behavior is the same when starting in safe mode. after starting I just did the following:

added the line test1.md to the top of the open file, created a new file and put test2.md at the top, then a third with test3.md and a fourth with test4.md as the first line.

When i hit file save all, it prompts me to save test1.md to disk, but does not mention file2.md, file3.md and file4.md.

When I do save all again it prompts about file2.md and so on, with each save all resulting in one file being saved.

0 Likes

Hopefully, this is helpful! https://youtu.be/_yGOVvvQE1k

0 Likes

I can’t replicate that on my systems here (though I didn’t test it on MacOS). I would recommend using Help > Report a bug to go to the issue tracker and log the issue there so that the devs can look into it and the report won’t get lost.

0 Likes

thanks, I have opened this issue

0 Likes

It’s been open over a month and not even an acknowledgement. I have had to revert to sublime text 2 :-S

0 Likes