Right click on Windows folder and open with Sublimetext
- When I install vscode by default during the installation process it displays this step where I can select if I want to open the files directly from vscode.
- I love sublimetext and I think it’s a very excellent software, I left vscode after I got to know sublimetext. It is a very interesting, rich and very cool software.
- I’m amazed by the community and by all the people who created this tool, the only thing I miss is that during the installation of sublimetext it doesn’t show this option to open directly through sublimetext as it happens when I installed vscode that asked if I wanted vscode was the default editor for opening text files or other text files.
Note: I would like sublime text to ask ‘do you want to open all files with sublimetext?’ during the installation process.
because this is interesting
I would like this to be done, because every time I need to use a new pc, I have to make the settings by regedit in Windows, if this happened at the time of installation it would be great.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Open files [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open with Sublimetext] @="Edit with VS Code" "Icon"="C:\\Program Files\\Sublimetext\\Sublimetext.exe,0" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open with Sublimetext\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublimetext\\Sublimetext.exe\" \"%1\"" ; This will make it appear when you right click ON a folder ; The "Icon" line can be removed if you don't want the icon to appear [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\sublimetext] @="Open Folder as Sublimetext Project" "Icon"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublimetext\\Sublimetext.exe\",0" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Sublimetext\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublimetext\\Sublimetext.exe\" \"%1\"" ; This will make it appear when you right click INSIDE a folder ; The "Icon" line can be removed if you don't want the icon to appear [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\sublimetext] @="Open Folder as Sublimetext Project" "Icon"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublimetext\\Sublimetext.exe\",0" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\sublimetext\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublimetext\\Sublimetext.exe\" \"%V\""
Is it possible during sublimetext installation to have this setting?
There are several posts that say the same thing here in the sublimetext community. But no post seems to be complete, I tried to solve this problem, taking everything that was proposed and put it in one place. My goal for is a technical analysis.
I would like feedbacks, I made an illustrative image where I talk about my problem and about a possible solution. Also, I wrote a script in reg based on a reg script that does this in vscode, my idea is to do the same in sublimetext. From everything I’ve read, the features that sublimetext should have are these:
- “Open with Sublime Text” - files or directories
- “Open Project with Sublime Text” - files or directories
- This should be customized at the time of installing sublimetext
- Right click context menu "Open as sublime project"
- https:// forum .sublimetext .com/t/right-click-the-file-and-do-not-have-the-open-with-sublime-text-option/27021
- https:// forum .sublimetext .com/t/right-click-open-folder-with-sublime-text/13970
- https:// forum .sublimetext .com/t/request-right-click-to-open-folder-in-windows/43574
- https:// github .com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/113