Sublime Forum

Restriced number of open files

I’m running a licensed version of build 4126 on Mac OS 12.3.1. It seems as though there is a hard limit on the number of concurrently open files that I can have at any one time and I don’t understand why. I have my project window open with new files opening as tabs at the top (see screenshot below)

If I have 5 files open and I select a new file to open, the least recently opened file tab automatically closes and disappears from the tab bar. I know that there are plugins that will enforce this kind of limit but I haven’t installed any of them. I’d like to change this behavior such that files only close (whether they’re modified or not) when I choose to do so manually. Is this a feature or known bug of some kind?

I’ve searched all over and feel as though I’m missing something but haven’t been able to find an answer. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

No, I just tried and the problem does not occur in safe mode.

0 Likes

List of plugins? Hopefully when you try to provide that, you find the culprit.
PreferencesPackage SettingsPackage ControlSettings

0 Likes

I found the culprit, thanks to you both for the help! I haven’t installed anything new or modified packages settings for a long time which is why I was confused that the behavior only recently changed. Apparently Zen Tabs has an open tabs limit which was set to 5 and recently decided to start enforcing this setting ¯_(ツ)_/¯

0 Likes