Sublime Forum

Reset find to default

I’m not a very skilled user and I have a problem. Find is not working properly. I do Ctrl-f and start to type in the box but the cursor no longer goes to the item I’m searching for. Then the info box tells me there is nothing found. But I know that text does exist in my document. Sometimes it tells me it’s found two instances but then it won’t take me to them in the document. Maybe I set something wrong by mistake and it’s now stuck.

I’m hoping for some help and hoping maybe I can set the find function back to the defaults.

My version is 3.1.1 Build 3176 on Linux Mint

0 Likes

Now I have to go back to the top of the document to begin each search. When it finds the last item in the document I can’t simply keep hitting return to scroll through the finds as I did before. I have to exit the search box and go to the top of the document again.

Please help.

0 Likes

There are a couple toggle buttons next to the find inputs that do a variety of things, such as toggling eof wrapping, whole-word search, case sensitivity and regular expression search. It is quite likely that you toggled one or more of those.

When you played around with the buttons and still don’t get it to work, please post a screenshot of your ST window with the find panel open, the find text inserted and ideally the text to be found also visible.

0 Likes

Thanks for this. I’ve put a a video on youtube because the screenshot doesn’t allow me to catch the behaviour and I can’t quickly see how to post a video to this forum. When I search for the text it says 54 matches found, then says no matches, then pressing return doesn’t go to any matches. https://youtu.be/GT2oo6uDc5s

0 Likes

bump. still no soln

0 Likes

Hi @KevinMcCready

Try enabling the Wrap option in the search panel. This will result in the search being performed over the full file, rather than only everything below.

Let me know if this helps,
- Dylan

1 Like

OMG it was that simple. Thanks very much. It worked!

0 Likes