Sublime Forum

Requesting Calendar Access on Mac

Hi -

I’m running Mac OS X Catalina and I’ve run into a problem.

When I try to build and run a python or shell script that invokes icalBuddy I get a ‘No Calendars error’.

I’m pretty sure that this is because Sublime Text has not got, (and not requested) access to the Calendar.

If I run the scripts from a bash terminal they work fine - no permissions problems.

Also, when I run the same scripts from Alfred 4, it asks for access to the calendar and then the scripts work. Also, when I call the scripts from Applescript, using Script Debugger, it requests calendar access.

So - I think it’s something that Sublime isn’t asking for permission and is getting blocked.

Any ideas?
Or any workarounds?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

0 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. For me this is part of a broader issue whereby Location Services preferences are resetting every time I restart my Macbook following the Monterey upgrade.

Regardless of whether I grant permission for Calendar to access Location Services my preference is lost after a restart and the request to grant permission reappears. I posted this issue today on Communities before I came across this thread. The problem is worse though. Since upgrading to Monterey on my (2023) Macbook Location Services is automatically enabled after each restart (even where prior to the restart I deselect/disable it) but it is not enabled for Calendar even where selected prior to the restart. After contacting Apple Support about this they advise to reinstall the Monterey software having tried numerous other options none of which solve the issue.

0 Likes