Sublime Forum

Requester: HTTP Client for Humans

I wrote an HTTP client plugin for Sublime Text 3, built on top of the Python library Requests. It’s called Requester.

Requester combines features from applications like Postman, Paw, and Insomnia with the elegance, power, and excellent documentation of Requests. Some of Requester’s features:

• Elegant, well-documented syntax
    • Easily set request body, query params, custom headers, cookies
    • Support for sessions, authentication
    • Forms and file uploads, Wget-style downloads
    • HTTPS, proxies, and more
  • Intuitive, modern UX
    • Environment variables
    • Execute requests and display responses in parallel, or chain requests
    • Edit and replay requests from individual response tabs
    • Replay requests from fuzzy searchable request history
    • Formatted, colorized output
    • Automatic syntax highlighting and pretty printing
    • Clear error handling and error messages
  • Perfect for teams
    • Sharing and versioning of requests and env vars
    • Lightweight, integrated test runner with support for JSON Schema

Requester comes with an interactive tutorial. I’d love to hear what you guys think. Shout out to keith-hall, who wrote the syntax file for response views before the plugin was up in Package Control.

6 Likes

I’m having the hardest time trying to find additional documentation on how the better use the assert tag. I have the following (somewhat) working:

assert {
‘status_code’: 200,
‘json_schema’: {
‘success’: ‘number’,
‘message’: ‘string’,
‘location’: ‘string’,
‘serialGUID’: ‘string’,
‘serialNumber’: ‘string’
}
}

I would also like to test for ‘success’ being equal to 1. I’ve tried several variations without success. My tests either do nothing, basically ignoring my test, or they fail with the expected result of the entire JSON structure detailed entirely, not just the single field. I cannot find any examples for value checking.

Help. Or if this is the wrong forum, please point me to where questions like this should be posted. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hey @shift4sms,

You can’t currently use Requester to make assertions about values of arbitrary properties of a JSON response, but I would consider adding this feature.

Do you want to create an issue and label it as an enhancement in the repo?

0 Likes