Sublime Forum

Request: Better highlighting of the active instance

When multiple instances of ST3 are open in Windows 10, the Windows task bar shows the current or active instance very slightly highlighted. When I say “very slightly” I mean very, very slightly–so slightly that it’s almost impossible to notice.

I request that the active instance be highlighted on the taskbar more obviously, either by giving it a different hue, or making it much brighter; or making the non-active instances much dimmer; or changing the image inside the active or non-active instances, etc.

It should be instantly obvious which is the active instance.

A footnote to the above: Please test under varying brightness levels. I like to work with my computer set to a low brightness level. Less eyestrain.

0 Likes

sounds like a Windows 10 theme issue to me, not something individual applications should have to solve manually

1 Like

I can tell one application from another easily, so it is clear applications can control the appearance of their task bar icons. However, if you have a fix involving Windows 10 themes please provide details.

0 Likes

Windows 10 highlights (and yes this is a Windows OS issue) the active instance of Sublime exactly the same way it highlights the active instance of every other program in the taskbar. The way you’d make it stand out more is by editing your Windows theme options, choosing an accent colour that is brighter and which stands out better.

0 Likes

Visiting Windows 10 themes I don’t see an option for controlling the accent of the active instance. Where, exactly, in Windows 10 themes is this option located?

0 Likes