Sublime Forum

Replace... (ctrl+h) ALWAYS moves cursor to 1st occurrence when I press "Replace"

Hi there,

I’m a long time user of Sublime both professionally and at home and I’ve never encountered this bug before - I feel as though I must have toggled some strange mode.

I removed all packages that don’t match my work environment and confirmed that I’m running the same build with the same plugins and even now have identical preferences and key-maps in both stations.

I have a document with around 220 matches to a pattern (which is: (?<!$)$$(?!$)) and I intend to replace that match with $._, so I place the cursor just before the 146th occurrence, press find and it highlights the 146th occurrence, then I press replace and the document scrolls up to highlight the 1st match (without replacing it, presumably because a scroll was involved), then I press replace and it replaces the first occurrence. If I then move the cursor after replacing the 1st occurrence, it does the same thing - scrolling back to the first occurrence at the first press of replace before letting me proceed and it will not at all replace anything that is not the 1st occurrence currently in the buffer.

It is very annoying and I have many instances of needing to use this function, with a custom cursor placement.

What’s going on?

0 Likes