Sublime Forum

Rename Files without Mouse (OS X)

How does one rename files in sublime text without using a mouse (OS X)? Files the sidebar have a popup menu that seems to require the mouse. Once I get the rename bottom bar, I need to click in it to set cursor focus.

0 Likes

You could create a little plugin and put a shortkey for it in your keymap, here’s how to do it:

http://superuser.com/questions/683766/renaming-open-files-in-sublime-text-2

0 Likes

If you don’t want to write your own plugin, github.com/skuroda/Sublime-AdvancedNewFile already supports it. There isn’t a key binding (by default), but there is a command palette entry. You can add a key binding yourself if you want also. The plugin ties into the file creation of the plugin, so it will create any directories not on the path specified. In addition, there is tab completion for the path, which can be convenient.

If you do use the plugin, I’d also recommend adding a user setting for the plugin “rename_default”: “:”. With this, the path you specify will start from the location of the current file.

Never quite got around to finishing all of the documentation, but what most of it should be in the readme or the wiki (github.com/skuroda/Sublime-AdvancedNewFile/wiki).

0 Likes

dired or FileBrowser plugins might be something for you

1 Like