Sublime Forum

Remember fold state - stund?

PROBLEM is that when code is folded or opened to enable quick WORKING access to sub-folds, compacting then re-opening grandparent folds… re-opens ALL parent and child folds. Because Sublime here is permannently locked in opening all sub-folds, when a parent fold is closed and re-opened.

This means that every user must manually close ALL parent and child folds to RE-ENABLE quick access through automatically opened folds, to reach data many folds further down the pages… OVER AND OVER AANNDD OVER AAANNNDDD OVER… BILLIONS of wasted Earth hours every year.

OH buggery, Rapid Strike Force HELP!! PIA ON ANY REASONABLY SIZED DOCUMENT. Permanently locked code folding, FROZEN in open or in closed state is patently STUND, because authors need to manage code folding that always can REMEMBER FOLD STATE.

CRITICAL functionality missing here.

SOLUTION? Is there a SETTINGS way to LOCK FOLDS in last-used-state? To save hours every week. Avoiding [FUTILE] scrolling and closing and opening of stund, dysfunctional FROZEN, STUNNED code folds?

Otherwise, will Sublime Teams please stop sitting on our collective hands, and tell us.
Where is the Settings feature to REMEMBER FOLD STATE? Simple true/false (in case you forgot)?

STUND being the only appropriate description. Correction could be far less problematic than enduring the serious functional failure in the Sublime code management. Perhaps there is a package to recommend here? Better yet, this GLARING FAILURE could be a BUG, being URGENTLY? attacked by the entire Sublime Team, as we read this (over and over and over…).

Disclaimer: complainant uses Sublime Text 3.2.2… Build 3211 on Mac Pro Mojave 10.14.6.
(and prays with every Sublime user, that what looks extremely STUND is fixed with A MISSING Settings FEATURE, just one minute from NOW)

Complainant IS aware that Sublime Teams ARE sitting on their hands.

0 Likes

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/AutoFoldCode

1 Like

FAKEWARE
https://packagecontrol.io/packages/AutoFoldCode

AutoFoldCode does not install. I can run the install, but does not show in installed packages with PackageResourceViewer, nothing to extract. Also, no hint of it in Finder folders. whatever AutoFoldCode is, it is NOT COMPATIBLE. NOTHING INSTALLED.

Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages
NOTHING!
Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages
NOTHING!
Package Control list installed packages…
NOTHING!

Interestingly, once AutoFoldCode is installed, it is not available for second install. Must be fake spyware of some kind. Evil detritus. So again… Where is the Settings feature to REMEMBER FOLD STATE? Simple true/false (in case you forgot)? No thanks to Clams for necessitating removal of ST to remove patent spyware junk.

0 Likes

AutoFoldCode install in Package Control does not have error, but after install normal use of PackageResourceViewer has unexpected error popup.

PackageResourceViewer also shows no record of AutoFoldCode.

AutoFoldCode seems to install without error, but there is no file data after install.
Is AutoFoldCode malware? Is user Clams a dirt hacker?
Is AutoFoldCode an attack on Sublime Text.

Where is AutoFoldCode installing? Nothing in Finder. Extract all packages, nothing in:
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages

0 Likes

The problem appears to be between the chair and the screen (or in the code of the AI generating those messages :P), not in the package:

• I have not written the package, but I used it, and it works as advertised.
  • The code of the package is fully open: just have a look at it before throwing wild accusation of malware.
  • READ the message: you obviously have issue with your package installation.
  • if the installation of the package is correct the package readme is open.
1 Like

Having just audited and installed AutoFoldCode I can say with certainty that is is not malware and does indeed work as expected.

0 Likes

The error popup you are getting also shows up a solution so as to fix it. Instead of complaining that it’s malware for no good reason (which has also been proven to be not, by 2 other folks, one who of whom works at sublimehq), your time would be better spent if you follow the fix. You can always ask for help if the fix that was mentioned doesn’t work & the community members are more than willing to sort you out :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

AutoFoldCode does not remember subfold status in the way the OP was talking about.

If you unfold a top level fold, it also unfolds all the subfolds as well unfortunately.

I was hoping when you unfold a top level fold, it preserves the folded status of subfolds.

If anyone knows of any plugin that does this please let me know. I’m going insane. I can’t find one god damn app that does folding properly.

Imagine you have a top fold with 20 subfolds. When you unfold the top level fold, it also unfolds the 20 subfolds. I can fix this using CTRL K, CTRL #, but unfortunately that effects all the folds OUTSIDE this top level fold.

0 Likes

There is the code for Autofold, it saves your folding. It could be modified possibly for preserving nested folds, and gives some insight into the “fold api”, but I don’t know enough Python or enough ST API to even begin to tackle that.

Maybe someone else can come to the rescue !!

0 Likes

Everywhere I go, it’s the same story.

“You can do this, you just have to code it yourself”

Currently, notepad++ is the only program that can handle the complexity of TEXT FOLDING, while also remembering the state of nested folds, while a session is in progress.

Meanwhile, rockets are being launched into space, then landing again.

But, can I fold text and keep the nested folds, folded? NOPE, that’s just too much for humanity to handle.

0 Likes

But can those rockets fold text though? Didn’t think so :wink:

0 Likes