Sublime Forum

Remember Code Folding (fold state)

How can Sublime save FOLD STATE? For now, Sublime remembers Unfold All. My interest here inspired by not available package BufferScroll. My suggestion being that a built-in Sublime feature could be the better way forward.

Mouse and menu folding work well. But for very large documents where one tag tree’s indent level 20 is being developed beside a completely different tag tree’s indent level 4, and so on… well that takes a lot of time and hard work. What would be nice now is an editor that saves multiple fold states.

Is there a plan that some future version of Sublime 3.2.2 Build 3211 will innovate a way to save the FOLD STATE. My number one feature request is remember FOLD STATE.

This feature is innovative, in terms of resource management. Say we open a group of Sublime windows side by side. We notice that an edit in one window does not update the same document in another window. This is a useful feature also. But it may indicate that to save one fold state for a document, Sublime would also have to save other fold states for that same document. Perhaps with a time-and-date reference system. Saving fold state is not simple. Just very desirable.

0 Likes