Sublime Forum

Question about pink line

Hi!

My question is pretty easy. What does the pink line mean?. The other lines blue and purple are my other two branches (that’s clear).

Perhaps it means that I did local non uploaded commit and later uploaded in the date of the end of the pink line?.

Thank you so much,
Cheers :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I don’t think those colors have special meanings. It looks like SM just uses blue, purple, pink, … from left to right.

0 Likes

Hi Jun-Fei,

May be… but I don’t have a branch for that pink line as I do have for the blue and purple…

That’s the main reason I’m asking it really…

Cheers!

0 Likes

You didn’t do a rebase before merging, thus there is an extra merge commit, hence the red line.

0 Likes

But… I didn’t really do the merge… that was done by a workmate. Although the pink square points to me as the issuer…

So… you said as if all was done be me… but two parts are involved here… and I really still don’t understand it… sorry :slight_smile:

0 Likes

perhaps can it mean…

My workmate Asier was in A

I changed the branch with that commit

Later Asier, did a merge without doing a pull. Could that explain it?.

Cheers

I did a commit and later my workmate Asier, did a merge but he didn’t really have

0 Likes

As suggested in Merging branches, you probably need a git 101 tutorial, which is not related to Sublime Merge but git itself.

0 Likes

May be :slight_smile: but I think I have the ideas more or less clear about merging and rebasing as I have read about rebase (I use a lot merging, but not rebasing) … I think the doubt we have here (and that have both :slight_smile: )… is perhaps why that red line appears and if my supposition in my last comment is right… :slight_smile:

0 Likes

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18584376/git-what-exactly-is-a-merge-commit-in-git maybe this answer on SO still confuses you but you probably can google keywords: git, why, merge commit for numerous articles explaining that.

To get rid of it, do rebase instead. (or git pull --rebase in your case)

0 Likes

thank you so much!! I’ll try to understand that way :slight_smile:

0 Likes