Sublime Forum

Question about alarm "Unable to write to session file:"

After upgrading from Sublime 3 to Sublime 4,
The alarm box below does not disappear and continues to be shown on the screen.
Could you please check the Quote comment below and share any advice to make the alarm box can be disappear?

========== Quote ==========
Unable to write to session file:
========= Un-Quote =========

Waiting for your collective intelligence.
Thank you.

0 Likes

That would usually indicate that you’re running out of disk space and ST is unable to save the session file (and thus your open windows, unsaved files, etc.). It could also be a permission issue, but that’s unlikely on Windows.

0 Likes

I received this error (whenever I attempted to quit Sublime Text) on clean Linux install. Not entirely satisfying, but I rebooted (for other reasons), installed Sublime Text again and the problem just disappeared. Maybe something about how I installed it originally, but nothing jumps out at me.

0 Likes

This happens when the .config directory doesn’t exist. A fix will ship in the next build.

0 Likes

Is there a way to reset where Sublime looks for the session file? The directory structure of my machine was changed, and now I’m unable to quit Sublime Text without nuking it from the task manager.

0 Likes

ST always saves sessions in the same location as described here: https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/revert.html

0 Likes