Sublime Forum

Python IDE environment can't find installed module

Hi all,

I’ve looked through the threads and can’t find what I’m looking for. I use sublime text 3 on a mac and and I was using the anaconda installed package. It stopped working a couple of weeks ago, failing on the line “from redcap import Project” where redcap is a module that I’ve installed. I can see the module in site packages. But anaconda can’t find it. Other import statements work.

To confuse things, I use the Anaconda Python package from anaconda.com. The sublime text add in package is called anaconda and it’s from damnwidget. The only thing special about the redcap module is that I installed it with pip because conda can’t find it in their repos.

Any ideas

0 Likes

The first thing to check is that the build is running the version of Python that you think it is; most frequently this issue pops up because the version of Python that Sublime is trying to run is subtly different than the one that you think it’s running.

import sys
print(sys.version)

A simple python program like this one will print out the version of Python that is running it; do you see the same result running it from the command line using the version of Python that you expect to be used versus running it in Sublime?

0 Likes