Sublime Forum

Python: Build System Help

I need help coding my system build for Python 3 in Sublime 3. I’ve written this code on Windows 7 at work and Mac OS X as well. As far as I can tell, I have copied it over exactly and followed the exact same process, and updated the file pathway. I just get an error when I try to run code that says “No Build System”. Below is what my build system looks like as well as the pathway to my Python program.

0 Likes

Is your build system actually selected? Tools -> Build System -> select your build system. The name of the build system is the name of the file.

0 Likes

Yeah. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to see if something was wrong. I saved the print statement file as a .py as well.

0 Likes

Guys this is resolved. Turns out the code I got from Stacked Overflow had spaces instead of a single tab to start each line… I’ll paste here the exact syntax I got to work. Each command line below MUST have a tab at the beginning of the line

0 Likes

JSON is insensitive about whitespace so I doubt this is the actual reason for it to work now.

0 Likes

Weird. I’ll take your word for it since you seem to know more than I do. I only changed the spaces to tabs, that’s it. Something else must have triggered when I updated and saved it.

0 Likes