Sublime Forum

Python 3.5 Type Hints Unsupported in Python Syntax

Question

Sublime has a bug where doctrings mess-up Python syntax highlighting. It should have Python 2 and Python 3 both under Python. They're two different language.

Advisement

This forum should have a Submit bug button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes

5/7 top notch bug report

1 Like

Agreed. That should have a bug report wizard to help minimize bad bug report like yours. I actually always wonder how Sublime users so often give so bad bug reports:

1. No indication of which version of Sublime was used.
  2. No info of installed packages
  3. No OS given
  4. No info how to reproduce the bug with minimal example
    etc.

How can a programmer give such a bad bug report??

5 Likes

FYI:

1. Stable Channel, Build 3103
  2. No plugins
  3. Windows 7, 64 bit

Criticism

Your point is self-defeating. If the Submit bug button existed, there would be no "bad" bug reports!
Mind your tongue!

0 Likes

Please file a bug at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/issues with the code in question. It appears this is due to type annotations in Python 3.5, which we’ll need to add support for.

0 Likes

How would a button improve the content in your bug report? Or you mean a report template?

Honestly, the title is even not informational at all.

What if this forum get lots of posts which are all titled as “This is just a bug / I have a question”?

1 Like

The button would lead to an online bug submission forum. Once filled out, this forum would send it to GitHub. The developers would then have consistent and informational bug reports.

0 Likes

Nope. It just help you send your report to where it should be.

0 Likes

Sorry, but do your speech not work? And yes, it would.

0 Likes

Be careful how you speak to people. Not everyone is a native English speaker. And sometimes people just make typos.

0 Likes

Good point. HAND#2: His misconception of my post REALLY got on my nerves.

0 Likes