Sublime Forum

Purchased License, Functionality not restored

I was going through a tutorial and when I created a new file it had no functionality and I was instructed to buy a license. OK. Done. I’ve added my license but functionality has not been restored. What do I do?

0 Likes

Sublime has no functionality restrictions between the evaluation and licensed versions (unless you count the ability to turn off update checks, which is a licensed-only feature). However, you will get a popup every few saves as a gentle reminder that if you’ve decided that Sublime is right for you, you should purchase a license (i.e. after your evaluation is in order).

I’m not sure what you mean by “no functionality”, but many features of Sublime are dependent on the type of file that you’re editing; having Python autocompletion in a text file is not useful, for example. By default all new tabs are Plain Text (the file type is visible in the lower right of the window in the status bar).

So, if you were say doing something HTML or Python related, you won’t see any features related to that (such as completions or syntax highlighting) until Sublime knows what kind of file you’re editing. You can do that by saving the file with an appropriate extension, or click on the file type in the bottom right of the window and choose the appropriate type from there.

0 Likes

I couldn’t Build, but after reading your response I opened up a previously working file and saved it as a new .py file, and then I was able to do everything I’d been doing before. Thank you!

0 Likes