Sublime Forum

Pug syntax highlight

To get syntax highlight in .pug files you need to install the Pug package, but that package has not been updated for two years and the highlight does not work since the update of sublime text to 3170. Is there any possibility to include by default the syntax highlight for .pug files?

0 Likes

Generally we don’t add new syntaxes to the default list, unless they are very popular, mainstream languages. Unfortunately pug isn’t really a mainstream templating language.

The reason we don’t add more languages is that every language adds more work to our very small team to maintain. We try to maintain popular languages, so get the most out of the default config, but we wouldn’t ever get to work on core if we were to try and maintain hundreds of syntaxes.

2 Likes

I should add, if you are interested in working on the existing syntax to get it working, I would highly recommend dropping by the Sublime Text Discord server. Most of the contributors to the default syntaxes hang out there and tend to be more than happy to give advice and guidance.

4 Likes

Thanks. I hope I can collaborate with this.

0 Likes