Sublime Forum

Pseudo-plugin: Color Console

Not really a plugin, but not really sure where else to put this.

I basically modified a Python/Django.tmLanguage file and pointed the console toward it. This may look great or horrible for you-- I’m mostly a Python guy so most of my code looks pretty good in it. I would be more than open to accepting all kinds of edits to this to allow a kind of universal Console.tmLanguage. I think this is okay for a first draft so to speak, but it could definitely use improvement.

https://github.com/ehamiter/ST2-Color-Console

…and this will allow you to set your syntax coloring for non-defined text if you want to throw this in your current .tmTheme:

<dict>
			<key>name</key>
			<string>Source</string>
			<key>scope</key>
			<string>source.console</string>
			<key>settings</key>
			<dict>
				<key>fontStyle</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>foreground</key>
				<string>#C5C8C6</string><!--console's non-defined text-->
			</dict>
		</dict>
0 Likes

Does this still work in the latest dev build? …'cause I can’t get it to work :frowning:

0 Likes

Hmm… still works for me, and I haven’t tweaked my .tmLanguage file at all since I released this. Do you have your .tmTheme set up and your Widget.sublime-settings file pointing to the right place? Is there any error message in the console?

0 Likes

Yes, I followed the instruction… but I just can’t get it to work :frowning:

I have Soda Dark Theme installed, I’m not sure that has anything to do with the problem… maybe it does. Are there any special instructions to get it working with it?

0 Likes

Hmm, I don’t think so… I have Soda Dark installed as well. I don’t think I’ve done anything else other than what I put on the installation instructions. Are you putting the files in /User?

What theme are you using? Could you try mine and see if that works for you?

github.com/ehamiter/ST2-Arona-Theme

0 Likes