Sublime Forum

Project Status

I am pretty sure this main project is dead. There has not been a development update since September 2019. It is why I had to switch to Virtual Studio Code.

There has been no movement at all on Merge or Text. I pray I am wrong.

If the dev wants to open source parts the community I am sure will help

0 Likes

That’s simply because you are not getting involved in enough. ST 4 has already been alpha on Discord since you call it dead. SM just released “build 2000” days ago. As long as Jon is still paying for full-time employees, I believe they are working for whatever I know or I don’t know. Anyway, they work for products (or your company pay people for doing nothing?).

Welcome to chat/discuss and contribute then

Issue Tracking:

Discussion Elsewhere:

10 Likes

It’s not entirely unreasonable for people to think things aren’t happening when there is no real communication. Putting communication in yet another forum (github issues, then this forum and now discord) is not unlike this passage from the Hitchhiker’s Guide.

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

3 Likes

I was telling him how to get the information he wants if that’s his purpose because he also said ↓

Yes. But actually I feel now is better than what it was in the past since there are more and more employees responding on github/forum/discord.

• Here for long-lasting general purpose thread.
  • GitHub for formal bug reports and feature requests for easy tracking.
  • Discord for short-lasting real-time general purpose chat.Things get washed away soon. Basically a replacement for IRC because it’s much easier to access for a newbie like me (and has more functionalities).
0 Likes