Sublime Forum

Problems with code folding since ST4

Hi,

Ever since ST4, I have had problems with code folding. I have waited to ask for help because I wanted to see if I could pin down a reason, or circumstances, but I cannot. It seems unpredictable and very frustrating.

I am writing C exclusively at the moment.

The first symptom is that, sometimes, when I open a file in which I have previously manually folded functions at the opening curly bracket, the ellipsis in yellow appears in some random place. I particularly notice it when the function begins with a comment, and the ellipsis appears half way through the comment:

int myFunction(thingy thing,
               jobby  job,
               doo    dah)
{
    /* The weird thing about this function is that something odd
     * happens when you (...)

The second, and much more frustrating, symptom occurs when I want to open a previously folded function to have a look at it. In this case, I click on the unfold arrow, and then click somewhere in the unfolded function, and the function promptly folds up again.

Has anyone else experienced these phenomena? Do you have a fix?

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

I’ve not been able to make it happen in safe mode, but that doesn’t mean it won’t. These things don’t happen all the time.

0 Likes

What plugins do you have installed? I’m guessing one that persists fold regions after the file is closed?

0 Likes