Sublime Forum

Problems such as crashes caused by operating a large number of files

Hello, I have noticed that when using Sublime Merge, I experience crashes when I need to perform operations on a large number of files at once (such as dealing with over 300 files compiled from a C# project). Executing ‘git reset’ doesn’t have any effect. I haven’t encountered this issue while using Sourcetree. I’m not sure if it’s due to my computer’s low performance or a problem with the program itself.

0 Likes

Hi @YWolf,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re experiencing these crashes. We’ll be investigating this further.

When you have a spare moment, could you fill out the bug report found here (including the debug information): https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_merge/issues/new?assignees=&labels=&projects=&template=bug_report.md

Additionally, could you include the amount of RAM your computer has (e.g. 8GB).

Thanks,
- Dylan from Sublime HQ

0 Likes

Alright, I have filled out the bug report. I have to say that this is indeed a fantastic git tool, but it seems to have incomplete support for submodules at the moment. For example, there is no way to modify the location where submodules are stored, which forces me to switch back to Sourcetree or even use the command line directly. If it becomes usable enough for me to completely replace Sourcetree, I would be more than willing to purchase it.

0 Likes