Sublime Forum

Pressing the `space-bar` twice adds periods to my variable names inside my python code

Hey there,

I just noticed a strange phenomena, pressing the space-bar twice automatically adds a period to my variable names inside my python code. How do I disable this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Execute sublime.log_commands(True) in ST console and trigger the issue to see what command is triggered.

0 Likes

thanks - just tried that, i can see other commands being triggered (i.e. left_delete and move etc) but there are no commands being triggers with the double space-bar

0 Likes

Then I suggest you post a list of your used plugins.

0 Likes

It might be helpful to enable input logging using sublime.log_input(True).

0 Likes

Are you on a Mac?

https://www.frontendreference.com/disable-adding-period-with-double-space-ventura.html

1 Like

Haha - this was the fix!!! I’ve been on a mac forever, not sure why this never happened before.

0 Likes

MacOS major/minor updates sometimes reset this setting to be on, instead of preserving the current setting.

0 Likes

Is this a global feature that cannot be controlled by the application? I’ve turned it off, but it would be nice to be able to turn this off in sublime settings, (even enable / disable) per source type.

Thanks!

0 Likes