Sublime Forum

Possible Conflict between HTML package and Markdown Package

From recent updates, cannot remember which version excatly, my Sublimetext always throw out following errors when openning markdown files. ST3 also ran very slow when openning markdown files, the syntax highlighting was not working on markdown too.

The error messages is:

Error loading syntax file “Packages/MarkdownEditing/Markdown.sublime-syntax”: Apparent recursion within a with_prototype action: 25000 context sanity limit hit

I have uninstall the MarkdownEditing package, but the error still persist, except the error messages went to:

Error loading syntax file “Packages/Markdown/Markdown.sublime-syntax”: Apparent recursion within a with_prototype action: 25000 context sanity limit hit

The only way to stop the error message is to disable the built-in HTML package, and the markdown highlighting will work too. But it means HTML files won’t get the hgihlighting. Any hints how to fix this issue?

0 Likes

build 3164 works in a clean state, so probably some (other) third party package you have installed that is causing it

0 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Too risky for a cleaning, it’s hard since I’m already fit with everyday use on ST3, a clean install is just a very hard decision…

0 Likes

Well, decided to revert to the clean state, and then finally, nail down the issue. It’s package Naomi: https://github.com/borela/naomi

Uninstall this package will get rid of the issue… I think the error message can be more precisely.

0 Likes

See:

0 Likes

how did you track down the particular package?

nevermind, here’s my solution:
in “Package Control.sublime-settings”, comment out half of the installed packages (except for Default)
do the same thing with increasingly small halves until you find out the culprit.

in my case, AutoFoldCode conflicted with AdvancedNewFile, stopping it from focusing on newly created files.

0 Likes