Sublime Forum

Popover text in file explorer not dismiss on mouse over and leave

When mouse over the file in left bar Open Files or Folders, the popover text does not dismiss when mouse is out.

It stays on indefinitely and windows not repaint, obstructing the entire view and won’t go away even by dragging window, solved only by exiting and reopening the program.

It happens particularly when “Thank you and register…” popup message ‘accidentally kept’ in the background.

Screenshot_27

0 Likes

0 Likes

Thanks for the link. Just to add on, I find this way helps to reproduce the bugs:

1. Save file(s) until a pop up window “This is an unregistered copy. Hello! Thanks for trying out” appears.
  2. Do not close the windows. Move it aside. Click to focus on the editor.
  3. On the left explorer, in Open Files, click on the file and when the tip appears, move mouse away. Repeat this a few time. Or, do step 4.
  4. On the left explorer, in Open Files, click on the file and when the tip appears, scroll (use middle mouse) up or down. Repeat this a few time.

It repeatedly gave me the issue with above step 3 or 4.

• Windows 10
  • Sublime Text. Stable Channel, Build 4143.
0 Likes

Thanks, with those steps I’ve finally been able to reproduce the issue and am working on a fix.

0 Likes

This is driving me bonkers lol I have to close the text editor and re-open it constantly. Is it possible to push a new release soon? Thank you

0 Likes

This was fixed in build 4149

0 Likes

Found it! Excellent. Thank you

0 Likes

I downloaded build 4150. The file is named sublime_text_build_4150_x64_setup.exe. When I install this new version, the Sublime Text about window still says Build 4143 and the issue persists

0 Likes

Does the installation fail? Perhaps you’ve got an upgraded ST3 installation and it installed ST4 as a new app rather than overriding?

0 Likes

I had two installations in my Windows Program Files folder: Sublime Text and Sublime Text 3. The most recent version was installed in the plain ol’ Sublime Text folder. Thanks again!

0 Likes