Sublime Forum

Plugin Update: Themr (theme switcher)

I have released an update to my plugin Themr

Just like my earlier release of Schemr v2, this is a complete rewrite in order to move away from the previous “hacky” method I was using to update the command palette, as well as to improve the general elegance of the code. This version no longer pollutes the global command palette with all of the available themes, but instead lists them in their own quick panel. I may implement a switchable setting if there is demand for the old behaviour.

New/updated/removed in this version:

• Quick panel list can be opened with ctrl+shift+f5/super+shift+f5, or from “Themr: List themes” in the command palette

• Updated existing commands to cycle forward/backward through themes: ctrl+shift+f7/super+shift+f7 and ctrl+shift+f8/super+shift+f8

• Removed the Reload Themes command. All themes are now refreshed when using the quick panel or cycle commands

ST3 is fully supported. ST3 support is limited (see GitHub description) but is planned in the near future.

My other plugin Schemr was also updated earlier today.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 3 support has just been added, and fixes a bug preventing preferences being loaded.

Edit [no longer true]:Themr only requires that the .sublime-package file start with "Theme - ". This was done from a performance approach so that ST isn’t opening each .sublime-package file just to get a file list to check for a .sublime-theme file. Most, if not all, themes already follow this rule so no user intervention is needed. Themes authors should continue to add new themes to the Package Control Channel repo as "Theme - " and Package Control will save the installed package appropriately.

0 Likes

I’ve recently changed my GitHub username and this is causing Themr to not appear in Package Control’s plugin list. While I wait for the pull request to be accepted, you can still add the new repo URL through Package Control or download it manually from: github.com/benweier/Themr

Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

0 Likes