I have a plugin idea that I'm quite convinced would prove useful to the entire user spectra of Sublime Text:
"Find clashing keymaps"
My first incarnation of the idea just involved dealing with User vs Default (builtin) keymaps, but after a few seconds worth of imagination, I came to the assumption that it might be a hell of a perk if this could also account for Package keymaps. In fact, I assume it would probably help a lot of things in the package dev community. Regrettably, I'm not a programmer myself, so I'm not capable of creating this myself. Perhaps someone more competent than me picks the idea up and creates it?
- Parse User/Default (OS).sublime-keymaps (A).
- Compare with Default/Default (OS).sublime-keymaps to see which keymaps have been remapped in (A).
- Parse user installed packages' *.sublime-keymaps and perform same task as in (2).
- Output (console?) results: include filenames and lines of clashing keymaps.
- The plugin should be intelligent enough to be able to associate "super+ctrl+i" and "ctrl+super+i" as identical.
- BONUS REQ: differentiate between remapped keys vs. remapped actions.
Granted, this is a rough sketch and the steps could be more detailed and specified, e.g. step 4 (results feedback).