Sublime Forum

Plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

Hi,

I am using ST 3.1.1, Build 3176, on my Mac (running on High Sierra) to compile my Latex codes. Everything was working fine until suddenly after trying to compile I got the error message:

“plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won’t be available until Sublime Text has been restarted”

for no apparent reason. At the time I was writing a Latex table. I was not doing any of the things that usually trigger this problem according to other posts (copying sublime to another computer, or installing new packages).

I have tried reinstalling, giving execution permissions on plugin_host and other suggested solutions but nothing works. I’ve run out of ideas.

0 Likes

Since the recent updates, the plugin host seems to crash a lot more often. It reliably crashes when the program you’re executing crashes, but certain program output also crashes it (don’t know which though). I usually just run in terminal when that happens.

1 Like

I had this several times recently when I had linting enabled for python. I think that also starts an external process that was active at the same time as my build process. It doesn’t seem directly applicable to your case but there could be a connection.

0 Likes

Yes also in my case was a call to a phpcs command that was configured for the linter.
Running the configured command, out of Sublime, in the shell, showed me that the executable was crashing in the first place and returning exit-status 133.

I removed the configured path, relied on the phpcs found in PATH and it started to work without problems.

Looks like the plugin_host doesn’t handle the crash of external executables…?

0 Likes