Sublime Forum

Plug ins not working

I purchased ST 3 on the basis that it was a sophisticated programmers editor.
However, it seems those early expectations were ill- founded. The plug ins I wish to use are both poorly documented, and also fail to continue working after more than 2 or 3 times of opening the program.
I followed procedures for installation and still find that 1) you can’t actually do a clean re-install ( you have scrat around deleting various data directories) and after a supposed install, the re-instated plug ins just don’t work.
Given the price of your product , I can only say that this is rapidly becoming a white elephant for me.
and I am starting to regret my investment.
So - I expect some serious support here - otherwise - it’s back to editors that I know work.
yours somewhat frustatedly,
Dave Hickman
(licensed user)

0 Likes

Just to clarify: you’re having trouble with some third-party plugins, you won’t say what plugins they are, and this is somehow Sublime’s fault?

0 Likes

The Sublime Text Trial is open ended and feature complete, which allows you to verify before purchase whether or not it suits your needs/usage patterns/feature requirements in an editor.

0 Likes

Even though I don’t agree with the netiquette of the support request I can remember the hard time starting with ST myself. Starting with ST can really hurt, but not as much as Emacs or VIM. I gave up trying to understand the latter ones.

The plugins/packages are are/were developed by volunteers in their spare time. Hence you can’t blame the ST devs for quality of code or documentation.

To help fighting your frustration, some more detailed infos about your desired functionality or the plugins you have trouble with is crucial.

3 Likes

Hi,
I have spent the last 6 weeks or using ST 3 in conjunction with Wes Bos’ CSS grid course and despite some problems with packages ( Emmet, being chief offender here :slight_smile: ). I am starting to get into it now. I reacted angrily at first and now I apologise, unreservedly for that. I am now becoming familiar with the way ST works and who knows - I may actually start to exhbit some measure of competence.
Here’s hoping
regards
Dave Hickman

0 Likes