Sublime Forum

"Please enter the license key" does not allow Sublime to run

I once downloaded sublime (3143) and everything was fine, but he always wanted to update. In the end, thanks to my stupidity, I tried to install one of the latest dev versions. After that, at launch, sublime started show the “Please enter the license key” window. But there was not even a field to type, only “OK” button that closed the window and sublime with it. After that I can not go back. I deleted sublime in a thousand ways, but still when I try to run 3143, I get the “Please enter the license key” window and nothing else. Can someone come across a similar and know what to do? I heavily need sublime, but I just don’t know what to do (OS - linux mint 18.3.)

0 Likes

A license is required for use of dev version, you can purchase one at the ‘Buy’ button upper right corner.

0 Likes

But i have two problems. First - I’m not using dev version anymore and second - I have no ‘Buy’ button or anything, except this damn “Please enter the license key” window and “OK” button, which closes whole program

0 Likes

What version is reported when you open a console and ask subl what it’s version is?

tmartin:dart:~> subl --version
Sublime Text Build 3157
0 Likes

I meant the upper right corner of the website, guess I should have specified that.

0 Likes