Sublime Forum

Please display encoding/charset, and what is with license?

Hello,
I’m desperately looking for a source code editor that can be linked to a sftp client. Each file should be opened in a separate instance. As far as well, Suplime Text meets some requirements (syntax highlighting, mark same words/vars), but not all. Nowhere is the encoding and charset of an open file visible.

What is still negative is the alleged license. Is Suplime Text freeware or not? How to check if Suplime Text is still being evaluated? That scares a bit for monitoring! I do not have the money for a license and that’s another reason why I’m probably keeping my fingers off Suplime Text.

0 Likes

Encoding is displayed in the bottom right. And nowhere is it mentioned that Sublime Text is freeware. Sublime Text is a paid editor, but you are allowed to use it without a license to try it out.

1 Like

Just to add to what @facelessuser mentioned, there is also a setting that controls whether the encoding is shown in the status line or not:

// Display file encoding in the status bar
    "show_encoding": false,

It defaults to false, so you probably want to turn it on if you’re not seeing the encoding there.

2 Likes