Sublime Forum

PHP syntax is breaking in latest version 3176

Syntax highlighter failed, in laravel blade (HTML +PHP )
when i using @for (PHP) in script tag.
it is solved when i downgrade the sublime to the version 3.0 (BUILD 3143)

0 Likes

Any kind of code snippet would help to debug and reveal the context which triggers the issue.

0 Likes

<script>

function ab(opt)
{
var index=(parseInt(getC(“site”))>=0) ? parseInt(getC(“site”)) :0;
switch(opt)
{
@for($i=0;$i<count($s);++$i)
case {{$i}} : showTab( {{$i}}, {{ $s[$i][‘id’] }}, “{{ $s[$i][‘name’] }}”);
break;
@endfor
}
}

0 Likes

Using the latest Laravel Blade Highlighter package (1.6.11) everything seems fine here. I lust loaded up the above snippet and everything looks good. Have you tried a portable install with the LBH package to see if it’s working properly there?

1 Like

The <script> tag is meant to highlight pure JavaScript code, while the provided code snippet contains third-party-none-standard templates.

All builtin syntax definitions of Sublime Text provide support for the most used standard languages such as HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, … , while trying to achieve best possible accuracy in identifying all the languages details, which is a quite comprehensive task already.

They do and can not provide support for all the rising templating engines or language extensions by default. This is a task of custom syntax definitions such as the mentioned Laravel package.

0 Likes

Indeed. Blade constructs like @for are meant to be embedded within html. That said, there is no reason why they shouldn’t work inside <script> tags, since iirc laravel’s blade parser isn’t particularly context aware about the files it’s processing. It sees @for or {{ xxx }} and just goes ahead with substitution. To put it another way Blade doesn’t understand scopes or language context even to the extent that Sublime does: its just a substitution engine.

And that’s why, with Laravel Blade Highlighter, things are correctly highlighted even in the above example.

I may be missing the point here but has the OP actually installed LBH? I’d be surprised if blade directives would scope/colour correctly without it or something similar, in any version of sublime.

0 Likes