Sublime Forum

Pdf converter

I have a PDF and use sublime 3 Text to convert it to an XML that can be used in my app BUT the conversion glues words to eachother that should be seperate words AND so my programmer did a programming thing with space BUT then words that should be one becomes 2 LIKE for instance the Dutch word probleem (problem) gets : p robleem By the way: most words are right

0 Likes

This is not a built-in function for ST. If you insist to do it in ST, you have to elaborate how you do it (rather than it just gets converted in ST, what plugin? what plugin settings? etc.) so other people can have enough information to give you suggestions.

If you mean you just right click to copy text in the PDF with something like Adobe PDF Reader. It’s very likely that text is not copied as what you see/want in the first hand. But there is probably nothing you can do because the PDF is not plaintext, there can be some “invisble” things among text.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue right now! Every single time when I am trying to convert the pdf text to XML the conversion glues words to eachother that should be seperate words , and that is soooo freaking annoying! One of my employees have also found a way to fix it, buuuuut, as you said, now some other words are being separated, despite the fact that they should not! The problem is that, it is a freaking tax form, and I need to send it as soon as possible! I have tried to edit it once again on https://pdfliner.com/ as it is an online pdf editor, however when I try to convert it, nothing changed!

0 Likes