Sublime Forum

Pane resizing

How do I resize panes in Sublime Text 4169? I would expect that if I go with the mouse pointer over the vertical line between panes, I can drag it, but nothing happens. This post from 2014 points out that a shortcut for that event was added to Sublime core, and I can also see this GitHub repository feature, but working only on Subl 2 and 3.

0 Likes

I would expect that if I go with the mouse pointer over the vertical line between panes, I can drag it

Works for me on Windows 10/11 exactly like that. Note the dragging line is above tab bar.

0 Likes

Might be OS specific? I am on Ubuntu 22.04.4. I dont see any dragging line above tab bar. My tabs ends on the top of the window. There is only the Title are of the main window above.

0 Likes

Well, maybe you got confused by tab multiselect feature.

Panes aka groups belong to editor layout. They can be resized via drag & drop.

If you however select multiple tabs in a single pane/group, their content is displayed next to each other in equally sized “sub views”. Thes are no real panes and thus can’t be resized.

1 Like

So you are saying me, if I click on CTRL and then select tabs, which are then visible on one window, its not a that situation, when I can then resize their size? I was trying to achieve what I am seing in this video. Trully the guy have tabs on the different position, than me when selecting them via CTRL. But what whoudl I drag and where to drop it to achieve that?

0 Likes

Exactly. Views which are displayed as a result of selecting multiple tabs can’t be resized manually.

0 Likes