Sublime Forum

Painfully slow

Running build 4107.
No plugins.

The ONLY change is to buy a new license and upgrade.

(mac or windows)
When opening a small (10 lines) php file it takes 3 or 4 seconds before the content of the file is visible.

(windows vmware guest)
After upgrading to this build text input has become painfully slow. Often the last keystroke does not register until I press another keystroke.

Any ideas please?

0 Likes

The PHP thing is a known issue that we’re fixing in upcoming builds. I use a Windows VM almost daily and don’t see the keystroke issue, does it happen in safe mode? Also does it happen for Sublime Text 3?

0 Likes

good to hear the PHP issue is being worked on.

Version 3 does not have the same key lag issue - substantially less.

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

Hmm, works great in safe mode!
What does this tell you?

0 Likes

That means it’s either a package or a configuration related issue. I suggest disabling your installed packages to find out which one is the cause.

0 Likes

I think I misunderstood what you meant by safe mode … Sublime seemed to respond great to key strokes when Windows was started in safe mode.

However, when I start Sublime without any packages installed keyboard input is very laggy.

0 Likes

https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/safe_mode.html This is meant by safe mode :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Thanks for the link to safe mode :slight_smile:
Same issue with sublime in safe mode.

0 Likes

Anybody find solution to this? Very annoying - I’m not doing anything with PHP but just the plain old editor is slow.

Version: 4113
Symptoms: Type a group of characters and they are inserted and then it starts caching the chars and finally they appear in a burst.
When you first start Sublime Text, you do not see these symptoms. .It takes a minute or two before this starts happening. But then it is persistent.

This behavior completely ruins the snappiness and useability of Sublime Text as an editor.

0 Likes

Can you try disabling hardware acceleration?

0 Likes

I did try without any any effect:
──┬──────────────────────────────────────
│ File: /Users/herrskrotpost/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
──┼──────────────────────────────────────
1 │ {
2 │ “font_size”: 15,
3 │ “ignored_packages”:
4 │ [
5 │ “Vintage”,
6 │ ],
7 │ “hardware_acceleration”: “none”,
8 │ }

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

I think it did do that, if you wait the initial ‘everything works ok period’ (a minute or two).
I am going to verify that again.
It seemed like the period lasted a little longer in safe mode but that might have just been my impatience.

0 Likes

Could be this issue: https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/4763

0 Likes