Sublime Forum

Paid Subscription - no licence received after 3 days

Don’t understand why, 3 days after paying licence fee for Sublime Text, I’ve received no acknowledgement from SublimeHQ, no licence code or anything. Is someone able to fix this? I’ve posted this to the forum as I don’t see a separate Support contact email or phone number anywhere on the website. Perhaps I’m missing something?

0 Likes

Correction - I did find a support number but no response to my email so trying here.

0 Likes

Considering that 3 days ago lands on the weekend, and Monday was a public holiday in Australia, you can expect a reply today or tomorrow.

0 Likes

Thank you. I guess I’ve become used to the very widely used automated download systems that don’t seem to rely on human intervention to email a licence key.

0 Likes

It’s fully automated, but some email servers incorrectly filter messages as spam and some customers mistype their email address.

0 Likes

I don’t believe the email was entered incorrectly as you seem to imply, quite nicely pushing the problem back onto me. Most commercial interfaces ask for email addresses to be entered twice so that failure doesn’t happen - but your doesn’t. Perhaps you might fix that. Point is I had to job to do over the weekend, paid for software, had a reasonable expectation of prompt delivery consistent with contemporary IT software supply standards. Didn’t get it and had to find a work around. Thanks for finding time to perhaps get to it by tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t believe the email was entered incorrectly as you seem to imply, quite nicely pushing the problem back onto me.

Hence why I listed the email server problem first, but none the less these are the two most common causes of license emails not being received. If your support email does not get followed up on by tomorrow feel free to message me your email address and I’ll follow it up for you.

Not that a license does not affect any functionality except for getting rid of the nag screen.

0 Likes

A fully up to date license offers 3 things

1. Getting rid of the nag screen.
  2. No LICENSE UPGRADE REQUIRED in the title bar.
  3. Ability to use update_check to not get the updates notification prompts.
0 Likes

I have the same problem and I sent email to sales and it looks like they had issue with the licensing server over the weekend and you will need to send them an email for them to regenerate the key

0 Likes

Thanks for the advice/s - got the same info by email yesterday and manual process seems to be underway. Seems like the file processing problem I originally encountered perhaps unrelated to licencing - but I’m happy to pay for licenced version anyway.

0 Likes