Sublime Forum

Package missing / ImportErrors on Apple Silicon

After upgrading my laptop from an x64 mac to a new Apple Silicon CPU, I get the following errors in my sublime text log accompanied by an annoying pop-up everytime I launch ST4:

Package Control
1 missing dependency was just installed. Sublime Text should be restarted, otherwise one or more of the installed packages may not function properly.

The part of the log that is IMHO relevant (just before the pop-up) reads:

Package Control: The package Dictionaries is being re-enabled after a Package Control operation was interrupted
ignored packages updated to: ["FileDiffs", "Vintage"]
Package Control: Installing 1 missing dependency
reloading settings Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings
reloading settings Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
Package Control: The dependency "lxml" is either not available on this platform or for this version of Sublime Text
Package Control: Installed missing dependency lxml
Package Control: Installing 1 missing package
ignored packages updated to: ["Dictionaries", "FileDiffs", "Vintage"]
reloading settings Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings
reloading settings Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
Package Control: The package "Dictionaries" is either not available on this platform or for this version of Sublime Text
Package Control: Skipping automatic upgrade, last run at 2023-03-15 13:25:59, next run at 2023-03-15 14:25:59 or after
error: Package Control

1 missing dependency was just installed. Sublime Text should be restarted, otherwise one or more of the installed packages may not function properly.

This seems to be an issue of the package lxml not being available. However, as far as I can tell, this package should be available on Apple Silicon. What can I do to investigate further or solve this issue?

Cheers,
ilpssun

0 Likes

See https://github.com/eerohele/sublime-lxml/issues/11

0 Likes

I don’t think it can be fixed unless someone manages to build lxml for Mac arm64 with Python 3.3 or someday Package Control 4.0, which supports py38 dependency, gets released and then someone build native package/dependency for Mac arm64 with Python 3.8. Basically all native Python package/dependency suffer from this issue.

0 Likes