Sublime Forum

Package Control: The dependency "psutil" is either not available on this platform or for this version of Sublime Text

HI, I am getting an issue with setting up Sublime Text on my Apple MacBook Pro M1. It seems to centre around package control not able to install the psutil as its missing on the M1 platform.

Does anyone know what to do here pls? I’ve googled the hell out of this issue but nothing of note comes up.

It does say 1 dependency was installed, restart but the same issue comes up on every restart.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/aashishsharma/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text/Packages/ImportHelper/import_helper.py", line 36, in setup
    check_node()
  File "/Users/aashishsharma/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text/Packages/ImportHelper/import_helper.py", line 44, in check_node
    (err, out) = exec_sync([node_executable, "--version"], None)
  File "/Users/aashishsharma/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text/Packages/ImportHelper/library/exec_command.py", line 61, in exec_sync
    stderr=subprocess.PIPE,
  File "./python3.3/subprocess.py", line 819, in __init__
  File "./python3.3/subprocess.py", line 1448, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'node'
Unable to parse color value var(background) at Packages/Debugger/contributes/ColorScheme/Mariana.sublime-color-scheme:5:18
Package Control: Installing 1 missing dependency
Package Control: The dependency "psutil" is either not available on this platform or for this version of Sublime Text
Package Control: Installed missing dependency psutil
Package Control: No updated packages
error: Package Control

1 missing dependency was just installed. Sublime Text should be restarted, otherwise one or more of the installed packages may not function properly.
0 Likes

It’s simply there is no psutil build for python 3.3 on ARM Mac. And it’s unlikely to be solved.

0 Likes

Oh man! That sucks. So basically Sublime Text won’t work on M1 with package manager?

0 Likes

All python 3.3 plugins which use psutil won’t work on ARM Mac.

0 Likes

Ok thanks for the info!

Is it simply the case of increasing the python version to one that does have psutils for ARM? I’m guessing this would be dependent on the author of Sublime Text then.

0 Likes

This has nothing to do with the author of Sublime Text. Whoever wrote the plugin is responsible for that. But there is no py38 dependency system until Package Control 4.0 is out. That says there is literally no good solution at this moment, for anybody, either user or dev.

0 Likes

A simple way to remove the error is removing offending plugins. I am fairly sure no one can help on this topic at this moment.

0 Likes